Careers & Culture
Charles River Apparel is growing at an exceedingly fast pace and is starting to gain recognition as one of the nation's fastest growing apparel suppliers. The company prides itself on not only giving back to the community but also giving to its employees. Charles River Apparel has been listed as one of “Boston's Best Places to Work” by the prestigious Boston Magazine due to the level of benefits offered to employees and the overall satisfaction of its staff.
Charles River Apparel owes much of its success to their dedicated employees and that is one of the many reasons why the company offers a wide rangeofbenefitsincluding:a matching 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, a corporate bonus program, monthly free lunches and birthday celebrations, discounted gym membership, “Bagel Fridays” dependent/healthcare flexible spending accounts, comprehensive healthcare/dental insurance and even apparel discounts. The company’s corporate casual atmosphere is inviting and makes for both a productive and positive work environment.
We are always looking for intelligent, energetic and team-oriented people. Candidates that are interested in applying for open positions should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Charles River Apparel is also on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/in/charlesriverapparel.
Current Job Openings
As a key member of the leadership team, the Director, Human Resources is responsible for developing and executing a full range of HR services,initiativesandprogramsacross the entire employee life cycle, with the goal of improving operational effectiveness, the employee experience, and the overall health of the business.
The Director, Human Resources will work collaboratively with the senior leadership team to establish key people initiatives and will serve as trusted advisor and coach to management and all other employees. This leadership role requires a “hands on” approach to tactically deliver on key HR projects and initiatives.
The person in this role is a champion of and helps to facilitate and promote a positive work environment and evolving culture at Charles River Apparel.
- The Human Resources Director establishes and executes priorities across all Human Resources functions including employee relations, compensation and benefits, performance management, organizational design, training and development, reward and recognition, payroll, safety and HR systems.
- Work as a trusted advisor to Charles River Apparel management to address a full range employee issues ranging from conflict resolution, performance and corrective action, organizational design, training and succession planning.
- Lead annual employee satisfaction survey process from survey development through deployment, analysis,resultscommunicationandaction planning with the goal of increasing results YOY.
- Champion innovative culture initiatives to improve and reinforce the Charles River Apparel culture, including one of quality and service, and promote a positive workplace at CRA.
- Assess ongoing training needs and funding for employee population to ensure the growth and development of all CRA staff. Facilitate corporate training programs offered and monitor the effectiveness.
- Assess and manage the CRA employee benefits program and make recommendations to ensure marketplace competitiveness,costeffectivenessandcompliance.
- Manage the full cycle annual performance review and merit increase/bonus process, including administrative of bonus and compensation plans.
- Partner with managers to facilitate performance management and coachingtechniquesandprocessisinplace to ensure the development and retention of employees.
- Partner with finance and sales to develop a full range of compensation and incentive plans that align with business and employee performance goals.
- Develop and manage the full cycle recruitment process fromselectionthroughoffer, and seek innovative ways to attract, select and retain top talent. Recruitment responsibilities include hands on recruitment activities for a wide range of positions.
- Foster a culture of giving back and volunteerism through employee engagement in programs related to Charles River Cares philanthropy and community activities.
- Serve as co-chairtocrossfunctionalemployeecommitteewithmissiontoofferemployee activities around wellness,communityandfun.
- Assess and promote the CRA reward and recognition to foster a culture of recognition and engagement.
- Participate as a member of the Safety Committee to ensure general safety and OSHA related standards and requirements are being met, and to promote a workplace of safety.
- Regularly review and assess legal and compliance requirements as it relates to ERISA, Federal and applicable statelawsanddeveloppersonnelpolicies.
- Foster a high performance and accountability culture for all employees by helping to identify strengths and opportunities, competencies and skills, development areas, while also identifying measurable results.
- Coach and develop a team of 2 HR professionals.
Core Competencies & Experience
- 10+ years of well-rounded Human Resources generalist experience across all functions, with demonstrated success in employee relations and coaching.
- Experienceinadistribution/warehousesettingandworking with an outside national sales team preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate resolution of problems through effective leadership, influence, and collaboration to bring people together.
- Experience effectively coaching, guiding and influencing senior leadership.
- The ability to quickly connect and collaborate with people at all levels, synthesize and clarify information and complex people issues.
- Ability to draft clear, concise and relevant employee communications and collateral.
- Demonstrated experience in organizational development,managementdevelopmentandcoaching, employee relations, compensation, benefits and performance management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiencyincomputerskills to include Word, Excel andPower Point.
- This role requires significant attention to detail and follow through in a high demand / high volume environment.
- Experience with ADP HRIS/Payroll
- Maintain strong relationships with existing customers to grow and nurture existing business.
- Create new business and sales growth via leads.
- Work with the Outside Territory Manager to proactively plan and execute regular structured sales visits within assigned territory, with a primary focus on Strategic accounts in coordination with inside sales, ensuring that minimum quarterly and annual meeting targets are achieved.
- Make presentations to existing and potential customers and apply consultative selling techniques and make recommendations to prospects and clients on the various solutions CRA offers to fulfill their needs.
- Regularly communicate with the Outside Territory Manager to discuss customer plans opportunities to help growterritory.
- Follow internal process requests, including marketing services requests for all sales collateral needs.
- Execute all agreed to solutions with customer to include accurate, timely forecasting and detailed follow through
- Maintain contact with all clients to ensure only the highest level of customer satisfaction exists.
- Consistently and accurately document all sales activities and details in SalesForce
- Maintain subject matter expertise on all products and services offered by Charles River Apparel.
- Provide feedback to the design team regarding product success and suggestions for improvement.
- Support new product and linelaunchesby promoting to new or potential customers.
- Requires travel within the territory 4/5 days per week and occasional Trade Show attendance.
- Must be comfortable on the phone. Be a self-starter that can work with little supervision and maintain a professional and upbeat attitude
- Ambitious, highly motivated, and innovative
- Understands how to initiate, manage and develop large and small company business, while possessing meticulousfollowupand follow through.
- Candidate must be technology proficient and adopt all technology associated with the sales role. Inc Microsoft Office and working with CRM systems.
- Candidate must adhere to all companypolicies,proceduresandcodeeof ethics while representing the company in a professional and honest manner at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree and prior industry sales experience
- Proven track record of selling success with an ability to adapt to dynamic market segments.
- 2+ years of direct sales experience preferred calling on multiple accounts, focusing on sales development and relationships.
- Must possess excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills with the ability to persuade and influence others.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding & numbers driven environment while being able to think on your feet and be a creative problem solver.
- Must be willing to travel 4-5 days per week throughout the region on a regular basis. Frequent overnight travel may be required.
- Position requires constant lifting and handling ofproductline.
The Customer Service Manager will direct and oversee all aspects of the organizations policies, objectives and initiatives as relates to Customer Service. The position is responsible for the creation and management of all required reports to Sr. Management on operational metrics and key performance measurements. The Manager will provide direction, training and support to the individual Customer Service team members. Also, responsible for setting goals, establishing priorities and ensuring that the team is focused on meeting the needs of its customers.
- Manage departmental operational metrics, performance measurements and resource plans to deliver optimal results
- Track performance against service levels, quality, customer satisfaction, and cost
- Ensure resources are properly distributed across all channels of service, phone, and email
- Develop and implement a formal training program for both new employees and existing CS Team members.
- Maintain and formalize department processes, procedures & training material. (SOP’S)
- Represent the customer service function to senior management including reporting on team performance & customer satisfaction, communicating about issues with significant customer impact, and make recommendations for organizational improvements to better support the customer experience.
- Summarize and communicate valuable customer feedback from customer service team to senior management
- Keep current with new technology and products that will improve customer communication and experience
- Consistently motivate the team by providing daily guidance, coaching, and training on goals and targets and provide leadership and direction to build and maintain an effective team.
- Expertise in selling strategies and methodologies, strategic planning and execution, and employee motivation.
- Highly analytical with the ability to track, report and understand sales drivers and trends.
- Complete Ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 7 years of experience in customer service, with at least three years managing a team
- Advanced Excel skills with basic understanding of all Microsoft suite products
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com or other CRM systems
- Previous experience with Inside Sales preferred, but not required
- Excellent Communication, Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong Multi-tasking skills are essential
- Mastery of Customer Care metrics & team performance measurement