Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Customer Service Representative
Reporting to the Senior CS Supervisor, as a member of the Customer Service Team your goal is to provide customer care befitting the outstanding service reputation Charles River Apparel is known for. Increasing customer loyalty and retention, as well as being an outstanding teammate, are among the expectations of this exciting role. You will achieve this through inbound and outbound phone calls, sales support and data entry, using technology tailored to Charles River Apparel.
- Maintain and contribute a positive, customer-centric attitude and approach to the CRA environment
- Accept incoming calls and emails from CRA customers to facilitate accurate orders and maximize the Charles River Apparel customer experience
- Enter orders and customer service issues into appropriate systems using technology without error, minimizing returns, and guaranteeing customer satisfaction
- Provide timely and accurate customer service resolution
- Coordinate and process orders to ensure timely delivery to our customers
- Complete all Zendesk tickets assigned by the due time or inform manager or team lead why work was not completed.
- Complete all purchase orders received by 3pm or inform manager or team lead why work was not completed.
- Process all returns, credit requests that CSR receives via phone, fax, or assigned in Zendesk.
- Create Return authorizations, write manual credits, and create FBO’s.
- Create call tags for customer returns when appropriate
- Knowledge of basic computer programs (MS Office), Windows, and ability to learn apparel related programs, and Salesforce
- Ensure clear and timely communication with vendors, sub-contractors, customers and our sales crew
- Ask probing questions and problem solve with customers to offer the right solutions based on their needs
- Gathering of customer and marketing intelligence
- Proactive customer contact to build relationships and identify sales opportunities
- Offering of accurate and up to date product information
- Communicate with internal CRA departments and with customers regarding order issues, product questions, return issues, price quotes, etc.
- Manage and maintain any accounts assigned
- Attend any required trainings or meetings
- Help to increase sales and increase customer satisfaction but offering additional items, making product suggestions and recommending service enhancements
- Escalate any issues to the team lead or manager
- Provide critical knowledge for the CRA sales crew through the use of technology, such as SFDC and ABS
- Establish strong product knowledge to minimize service and handling times. This includes using the website, catalog, and flyers as tools.
- Investigate and resolve customer billing issue.
- Ability to multi task and work with other departments
- Continuously strengthen relationships with key stakeholders (production, marketing, IT, Accounting, sales)
- Assigned tasks such as 888 report, warehouse returns, credit hold report, or open order report completed by expected time or inform manager or team lead why work was not completed.
- Using the application Magento to help customers reset passwords, website access maintenance, t/s website issues, and escalate any customer website issues to the website team.
- Set up new accounts and web access.
- Send copies of invoices, credit memos, order status, and other documents.
- Establish strong product knowledge of all promo codes and buying groups
- Enter show orders, setting up new accounts, and obtaining payment.
- Call customers to obtain payment for orders
- Complete Ad-hoc projects as assigned by manager or team lead.
- Provide shipping estimates to customer using Ozlink.
- Enter customer’s perceived errors into salesforce.com
- Respond to incoming calls from existing and potential customers
- Meet and/or exceed all required metrics including outbound call activity and Salesforce activity
- Be a subject matter expert on Charles River product and service offerings
- Train new customer service representatives
- Conduct listening posts as assigned by the manager
- Contact manager, team lead, or senior CSR staff when then have a customer service question.
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work independently
- Effective and efficient use of all computer system applications as trained
- Excellent problem solving and relationship building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to balance business and customer needs/points of view
- High level of customer satisfaction
- Minimal order entry errors
- Professional approach to resolution of all customer concerns
- Team player - must be able to excel in a team-oriented environment
- Highly organized and have a keen sense of customer expectations
- Suggest new ideas, methods and technologies to improve our service / department.
- Ability work with varied audiences including vendors, customers, and sales reps
- High School degree required, some college preferred.
- Experience using Salesforce to track, and report sales activities preferred
- Prior Customer Service experience and/or internal Charles River Apparel experience
- Previous experience with apparel industry helpful, but not required
- Prior customer facing experience
Charles River Apparel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com