Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Human Resources Administrative Assistant
Position: Human Resources Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Director, Human Resources
Status: Full time, hourly non- exempt position
Reporting to Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Administrative Assistant position is to support the Human Resources department in carrying out various human resources functions in compliance with company policy, state and federal laws and regulations. This role will be responsible for day-to-day HR activities, as well as being involved in the recruitment/ new hire process, payroll processing, orienting new employees and administering employee benefit programs.
Payroll and Benefits Administration
- Processing bi-weekly payroll, distributing checks and maintaining records. Assist with other payroll responsibilities as assigned, answering payroll questions and facilitating resolutions to any payroll errors.
- Performing payroll/benefit-related reconciliations (GL Monthly Entry, PTO Accruals, and Monthly Payroll Bank Reconciliation)
- Maintaining employee’s data for company retirement and submit bi-weekly contribution for company ‘s participants
- Process benefits enrollments, changes, and terminations of participants in all benefit plans, claims resolution and reconciling benefits statements
Human Resources Support
- Assisting in the recruitment process, including job postings, organizing resumes and job applications, screening, administering job assessments, interviews scheduling, and ensuring background and reference checks are completed in timely manner
- Conduct new employees’ orientation and onboarding; reviewing company policies; explain benefits programs
- Helping with completion of compensation and benefit documentation and process enrollment in all systems
- Documenting and keeping records for employee leave of absence
- Serving as a point person for all new employee questions and provide customer service to organization employees
- Compiling necessary forms, reports and preparing spreadsheets
- Assisting with employees’ performance assessments
- Completing terminations paperwork and assisting with exist interviews
- Maintaining organized and up-to-date HR files and data basis
- Filing and maintenance of personnel files, I-9 files and CORI files
- Updating and maintaining employee benefits, employment status, and similar records
- Performing file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained
- Performing payroll/benefit-related reconciliations, audits and recommend any correction actions
- Assisting with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR office.
- Other tasks as assigned
Core Competencies & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field and /or 1+ year experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (World, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Motivated professional being able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Must have high attention to detail and strong communication and organizational skills
- Must be skilled on problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve them in a timely and professional manner
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with all employees and leadership team
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions and respond to management direction
- Experience with ADP Payroll preferred
Charles River Apparel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com